Monday, March 8, 2010

Time to get accustomed . . .

Jules, has some great ideas for our blog, but I think that she needs a little time to get accustomed to putting her words down on....keyboard???

I on the otherhand have no problem blathering on!

I would like to discuss mashed potatoes today! 

I have started making one large portioned meal each weekend.  It began with a craving for lasagne that I couldn't justify because my recipe made so much.  Then I thought why not share with Jules and her mom.  Justification complete, the tradition has begun.  Three meals later I made a giant, and not very noteworthy meatloaf.  Accompaning the meatloaf tho' was green beans and mashed potatoes.  Now I like mashed potatoes, but not like some people who just love them.  I must say tho' that these mashed potatoes turned out better than any I ever made before.  To celebrate my little success I am going to share my recipe.  Ha!  Recipe ~ it was sheer luck, but hey!

5lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes 
1 stick butter
2 cloves chopped garlic
3 or 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt
salt and pepper to taste

I added the yogurt until I got the consistancy that I wanted.

That's it!  My first original and recorded recipe.  I feel so accomplished! 

Sorry there are no pictures of my mashed potatoes, but who knew I would want one.  They were yellower than most because of the Yukon Gold Potatoes I think.  I will carry my camera with me at all times for future post's pictures. 

Thanks for visiting,

                  Bud

No comments:

Post a Comment